Are you planning to run Social Media Campaigns? – Achieve Results!
There is an identifiable interesting fact about campaigns that I totally like and endorse- it allows for extensive creativity in targeting audiences. I cannot dispute the fact that campaigns that are implemented with the use of traditional media channels are effective, as it has created a foundation for what we now see as more interactive, engaging, and cost-effective.
Some of the most successful businesses have executed campaigns via social media. The ultimate purpose of campaigns is to change the behavior of a targeted group, whether it be to purchase a product or service, adopt a specific way of life or become actively engaged in activities.
Do not underestimate the Importance of a Campaign Plan
While social media campaigns allow for flexibility and less structure, it is important to develop a plan, documenting all proposed activities that are vital to the success of your campaign. It is even more important when the campaign is being executed concurrently with traditional media. Nowadays, this strategy is employed by many businesses, using social media as a point of interaction and a medium of communication.
Kick-start an impactful campaign! Identify:
- The particular goal. i.e., the behavior change that you want to achieve.
- Your audience. Your business may appeal to a mass audience but the particular goal to be achieved may only be geared towards a fraction of your customers. In this case, you should carefully consider strategies to segment your audience to prevent bombarding the non-targeted group with campaign messages.
- Campaign Messages. What is it that you want your business to communicate and how can you effectively do so to achieve your goal? This is an essential question that you MUST consider when planning for your social media campaign.
- Social Media Channels. Decide on which channel is best to effectively execute your campaign taking into consideration your audience. I recommend that you launch the campaign on an existing site.
- Campaign Duration. Set a timeline for your campaign and adhere to that timeline. If the campaign goal is not achieved you may revisit your plan and implement another phase.
- Evaluation Methods. Select suitable means that will be used to assess the successes and failures of your campaign. It is recommended that you select this from the start as evaluation may be done before, during, and after the campaign.
Create Impact with Social Media Campaigns – Consistency, Interactivity, and Engagement.
- Consistency: Make regular posts and ensure that your message is integrated and clearly communicated. This is one of the best ways to maintain your social media presence and re-enforce your campaign messages. Promote your brand by ensuring that your brand is visible in all posts. Remember, consistency is key!
- Interactivity: Design your campaign to allow your audience to interact with your business. Remember, the communication process is completed with feedback from your target group. Execute activities that allow your audience to communicate with you. This way you will gain insights into the impact of your campaign, allowing you to review and make changes to weak areas.
- Engagement: Keep your audience coming back for more. As instructed in the previous post, “Social Media Marketing Strategies”, know your audience and be innovative and develop campaign activities/ materials that will heighten and maintain interest in your brand.
If you adhere to the guidelines above, undoubtedly, you will create a buzz and build your social media presence which will inevitably have a spill-off effect on the operations of your business.