Digital Marketing Strategies, oh my – this is a world in of itself. I have been asked on many occasions – “what kind of strategies I can use online?” To fully answer that question will take a lifetime and more. There are so many digital marketing strategies and many more strategies within each strategy. Importantly, strategies are not one size fits all. Each business and or individual must first understand their product/service, market, and customers before deciding on which strategy they will use.
Below are five key strategies I believe should be at the top of any strategy list. The details below are barely the tip of the iceberg. As such, if you want to know more about any of the five leave a comment. Too much rumbling, let’s scratch into it
- Email Marketing- This is seen as the most important marketing strategy as it entails continuously building a list of clients (current & prospective) where clients willingly submit their information and communicate their interests in your products/services. A good way to conduct email marketing is by offering coupons/discounts or updates on new or existing products/services once the client submits their email addresses or subscribes to the business’s official website. This strategy is very effective but, mostly undermined or overlooked.
Top five strategies if you are considering Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization- Having the best-looking website is nothing without being optimized for the search engines. This aids in allowing you to compete with larger companies by making your business visible in search engines. Optimizing words relating to your products will help your business ranking high in the search for the optimized keywords or phrases. Most people who search the web don’t normally look beyond the first page of the search engine results to find necessary information. As such, it is crucial for you to employ this strategy to increase traffic to your website and ultimately boost sales.
- Local Search/ Mapping- This combines SEO along with geographical information of your business such as address and mapping along with contact information and operating hours. This enhances the effectiveness of SEO by giving sufficient information to clients so that they can visit your establishment. This is perfectly aided by having a Google My Business page once you have a physical location. Don’t forget the good old personal touch local marketing strategies which, include using fliers and business cards.
- Content Marketing- I know you have heard it before, “Content is King” sadly, this cliche could not be more correct. Without great content, you can kiss traffic or repeat traffic goodbye. This is the use of relevant information to attract potential clients. The trick to turning potential clients into consumers is to ensure that the content is targeting a specific audience, engaging, useful, and informing readers about the industry and service/product(s) you are offering. In addition, the flow of the information will help to capture the reader’s attention and stir emotions that will leave them wanting more. Ultimately, content marketing leaves a lasting impression than other marketing methods. See, told you it was king…
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)- Can you think of any Social Media Marketing strategy? you probably can’t stop counting. There are many strategies you can utilize here. Nonetheless, this strategy is centered on communication between the company’s current and prospective clients. The main aim of employing this strategy is to convert visits from social media users into sales. SMM can be used to update persons about the business and its offerings as well as provide pertinent information that can be used to boost sales. You can read our previous article on Social Media Marketing Strategies
for more information.
As said, the above-mentioned 5 are by no means all. tell me what are your favorite strategies to use by leaving a comment.